20/20 Vision Hack: ADLINK’s Search for Next Innovation in Machine Vision Technology in Collaboration with Intel
- ADLINK and our collaboration partner Intel invite solution builders to develop an edge-based machine vision prototype tackling a real-world problem in manufacturing, logistics or other horizontal applications
- Incentives for 20/20 Vision Hack participants include an Intel Neural Compute Stick, an ADLINK Vizi-AI devkit and $10,000 plus go-to-market support for the winner
- The challenge is hosted by HackerEarth from December 15, 2020 through March 31, 2021
ADLINK Technology Inc., a global leader in edge computing, announces the launch of its 20/20 Vision Hack in collaboration with Intel. The hackathon competition encourages enterprise solution builders to share their ideas for machine vision prototypes using ADLINK’s Vizi-AI devkit and the Intel Distribution of OpenVINO toolkit to address pervasive challenges existing in industrial environments. The 20/20 Vision Hack winning solution will be announced in April 2021.
“We’ve seen great success with manufacturing Proof of Concepts (PoCs) combining the power of ADLINK and Intel technologies; typically optimizing and deploying deep learning models with the Intel Distribution of OpenVINO Toolkit and then moving from prototype to production with ADLINK plug-and-play edge hardware and edge IoT software,” said Toby McClean, VP of IoT Technology and Innovation at ADLINK. “What better way to tap into machine vision innovation than through developer creativity? Their ideas will help advance AI at the edge through machine vision in industry.”
ADLINK and Intel are calling on enterprise developers, industrial IoT and machine vision AI communities, and the system integrator ecosystem to present ideas for functional solutions that utilize machine vision in a viable, repeatable application. The 20/20 Vision Hack will take place in three phases:
- Special Prize: first 100 participants who complete a short OpenVINO tutorial receive an Intel Neural Compute Stick 2 (Intel NCS2), which combines the hardware-optimized performance of Intel Movidius Myriad X VPU and the Intel Distribution of OpenVINO Toolkit to accelerate deep neural network-based applications
- Phase 1: ten selected finalists receive an ADLINK Vizi-AI machine vision devkit
- Phase 2: winner receives $10,000 and go-to-market support from ADLINK and Intel
“We’re encouraging developers to look at the challenges faced by the industry this past year. Challenges like remote access, social distancing, extreme hygiene and safety measures, and apply that learning into ideas for disruptive applications,” said Matthew Formica, Director, IOT Developer Platform Product Marketing at Intel. “AI inferencing is exactly the technology developers need to innovate. Whether it’s getting started with the right tools and technology, ideating on a use case, learning new AI skills, or taking a project into production. I’m looking forward to seeing developers do something wonderful.”
ADLINK’s Vizi-AI starter devkit is powered by Intel Atom x5-E3940 SOC and includes the Intel Movidius Myriad X VPUfor AI acceleration, as well as the Intel Distribution of OpenVINO toolkit and ADLINK Edge™ software. Developers can easily connect Vizi-AI to different image capture devices and then deploy, and improve, machine learning models to harness insight from vision data to optimize operational decision-making. Vizi-AI includes a range of pre-built OpenVINO-compatible machine learning models out of the box to optimize deep learning workloads across Intel architecture and streamline deployments from edge to cloud. The ADLINK Edge software suite builds a set of deployable applications to communicate with end-points, devices or applications.
Stay updated following the hash tag #2020visionhack on Twitter and linkedin, and connect with the GOTO50.ai and ADLINK Profiles and the Youtube Livestreams for insight and technology tutorials from ADLINK and Intel
Livestream – OpenVINO Tutorial – Watch to learn how to win and Intel Neural Stick 2
Register for the hack on Hacker Earth https://2020visionhack.hackerearth.com/challenges/hackathon/adlink/custom-tab/submission-guideline/#Submission%20Guideline